Thanks for everybody's input on the RPG/400 vs. IV issue maybe now I
have some leverage.

As for the C part, this may explain some reactions (in general) from my
part:

I always did my programming for Windows, Linux and VMS in MS visual
studio (C++ and VB), just recently I started programming for the
iSeries. So, you can imagine I desperately started looking for a MS-VS
like tool. So I found WDSci, my life was good again! To bad that a lot
of the tools in MS VS (especialy the latest .NET 'Whiteby' version) are
not to be found in WDSci! And because of the poor support on RPG/400 I
am forced to go back to PDM.

Can you imagine a step from MS VS .Net to SEU on a green screen? It is
like throwing away my $2000 PC and start working on my Comodore 64 again
(those were the times :-).

Like I said earlier: WDSci is going in the right direction but not realy
there yet and far to late.

But I will keep all your comments in mind and try to make the best of
it!

Bas