Well,
I got  WDSCi 5.1,  (story best left untold)  and found I needed to be on
Win 2000.
I upgraded my PC and had W2000 installed.

Took most of a day to install WDSCi.  I transferred the DVDs to our PC file
network server.
I tried to click on a single install process.
I found I needed to install WSSD first then WDSC, then install Code then
found a PTF was missing.
How can a PTF be missing, we just had IBM put on the latest cumes, why is
not WDSCi SI08018
ptf part of the cume.

I looked at downloading the PTFs.  There are more than 10 separate  zip
files each with
specific install instructions. Whatever happened to the concept of cume
PTFs.
After downloading the zips, I decided that I will let WDSC download the
PTFs from the net.

The good news,  everything worked without crashing, except I got the
occasional
'already in use' error that I ignored

My suggestion,  I would like as an option to be able to order on CD or DVD
the LATEST version
 with ALL fixes applied, sure would save some time.

6 hours later my boss asks what  we got for this effort.  We can edit our
source files I say.
He looks at me and walks away.

Are all Java applications this big.  Is WDSCi 'just an editor'.  I found
this exercise as daunting as
when I first installed LINUX.  I try to be optimistic and see the positives
but I find it hard
to see me developing live production applications in Java when just the
editor takes up 1G of disk.

Soon I will be able to use the editor, just a few more upgrade checks and a
PTF to burn and install hmmmm.

Frank Kolmann

                      Frank Kolmann