Hi Hiall,

I think in the JavaScript DOM all the elements are handled by id, the name
is likely not required.  In fact I think that WSAD 5.1 will highlight a
name="some-name" attribute as a warning saying that it is not a known
attribute of <input> or whatever.

Your best bet I think is to use WebSettings in your DDS that insert what
you want.  IIRC &{record.field}  in a WebSetting should return the field
id and &{record.field.value} will return the value of the field "field" in
record "record".

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400  -  CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 905 413 3199

Niall Mcloughlin <niallsemail@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2004-03-16 21:12
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] generated jsp fieldnames

Afteroon All

A quick question about the fieldnames in the webfacing
generated jsps.

I've got a test DSPF with one character field on it.
I'm trying some javascript ( the IBM calendar popup )
which works fine as described.

I've added a button onto the page and using the the
'onclick' method to open the popup window. I'm trying
to populate the field in the jsp with the selected
date. How do I derive the fieldname in the jsp ?

If looked at the jsp source, and the field has no
'name' attribute, just an 'id' attribute'. This
attibute seems to have the name
'l<%zOrder%>_HDR01$TESTDS"

HDR01 is the *DSPF format and TESTDS is the DDS
fieldname.

I've tried different variations of this id as the
fieldname to populate, but nothing positive.

Does anyone have a definitive method of deriving the
fieldname in the jsp ?

Regards

Niall

http://au.movies.yahoo.com