1.  In the next release, you'll be able to define a filter as unique for a
specific connection.
2. You should be able to drag/drop or copy/paste members from members of
one source file to another across connections.  You should also be able to
copy source files from a library on one system to another.  What happens
when you try to do this?  Is there an error message?

Thanks,
____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/643/8200/TOR
____________________________________

             Vern Hamberg
             <vhamberg@centerf
             ieldtechnology.co                                          To
             m>                        websphere Development Studio Client
             Sent by:                  for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             wdsci-l-bounces@m                                          cc
             idrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [WDSCI-L] 2 questions on filters
             08/01/2004 10:49          and moving members
             AM

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

1. This has been addressed recently, IIRC, but I don't remember (that was
kind of funny, eh?) - when I removed filters from one connection (I had 4
defined), they were removed from all connections. This is by design? How do

I have different filters defined to each connection? Filter pools? I think
the design is weak here, because we have multiple machines and multiple
products, and I may want a distinct connection per product, and certainly
per machine. The resources of interest in each connection are different and

may not even exist on a different machine.

2. It seems that drag/drop or copy/paste of members from one source file to

another can be done only within a connection - true? So I can't do this
between connections? I was trying this between connections defined on
different machines.

Thanks
Vern