David:

Yes, it's specific to content assist, as I described it below, and I prefer
not to think of it as a lockup, but rather a periodic delay.  It occurs when
editing Java or RPG code.

I'd send you an example, but would have to wait until the problem re-occurs.
It's irregular, and it is one of several activities in WDsc 5.1 which cause
periodic delays.

In short, it's not a problem that's impairing me in any meaningful way - it
provides me time to ensure I get enough coffee, and happens infrequently
enough that it's dwarfed by the benefits of the product.  Should I stumble
across it, I'll send along whatever information I can, however.

MP

date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:22:13 -0500
from: David McKnight <dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Better late than never...

Michael, since you refer to this as the "ctrl-space" lockup, can I assume
that this occurs whenever you intentionally use content-assist?   I
wouldn't expect you to type "ctrl-space" in other circumstances.   I ask
because I want to be certain that ctrl-space is indeed the cause of this
symptom as opposed to some other thing resulting in a "lockup".  If so
could you send me a sample of the code you're editing, indicating exactly
where the cursor is when this problem occurs?

Thanks,

David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx