Can you:

In the Remote Systems window, select the first member.
Select the member you want to compare to by clicking on it holding the crtl
key.
Right click on either one, select Compare With
select Each Other

Mark Dame

|         |           "Jeff Crosby"    |
|         |           <jlcrosby@dilgard|
|         |           foods.com>       |
|         |           wdsci-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com      |
|         |           11/17/2003 09:47 |
|         |           Websphere        |
|         |           Development      |
|         |           Studio Client for|
|         |           iSeries          |

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    |
  |       cc:
                                                |
  |       Subject:  RE: [WDSCI-L] documentation / help files
                                                |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

> As Mark said, I used Edit -> Compare.  I wasn't thrilled by the way to
get
> to the other member since I was expecting "Compare to each other" type of
> functionality or at least being able to choose from one of my existing
> filters.  I would have been happy with just typing in the name of
> the member
> I wanted (I know that's probably against the GUI mindset, but I
> can type it
> faster than browsing the entire AS/400!)  Sometimes I'm spoiled
> by PDM/SEU,
> though.

This is really screwy.

I opened one of the members I wanted to compare for editing.  Then I
clicked
'Edit' 'Compare'.  I had to drill down to find the member I wanted to
compare in another library.  After clicking OK, it highlighted various
lines
in the member I had previously opened.  But it didn't open the member I had
selected to compare to!  So how do I know what was different?  How do I
reconcile the members, if that's what I want to do?

Next I opened both of the members I wanted to compare for editing.  Then I
clicked 'Edit' 'Compare'.  Even though both members were already open, I
still had to drill down to find one of the members.  After clicking OK, it
highlighted various lines in the member I had previously opened, just like
before.  The second already opened member had nothing done to it, I think
it
was totally disregarded.

It doesn't appear at all that this compare is designed as something to
actually use.  It just does a one shot compare and it's done.  Trying to
find the next or previous mismatches appeared to do nothing at all.  I
would
be better off printing a CMPPFM.

This is a far cry from what the CODE editor did.  It brought the 2 members
up side by side and you could reconcile the members very easily.  I must be
missing something.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.