Here is a snip from this site:
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/awdtools/wdt400/

<snip>
The client component of the overall package is designed to help you accomplish
three primary programming goals:
  Develop and maintain iSeries applications
  Create Web front ends to iSeries business logic
  Create GUI front ends to iSeries business logic
<snip>

Based on that, I would have to say that an iSeries Developer is a developer
doing at least one of those listed 'chores'.  If those 6 developers are doing
one of those chores, they should be able to use WDSCi Advanced.  My two cents
worth.

-- Scott J.