At 12:27 PM 7/5/2003, you wrote:
Can you include symbolic links in an EAR or WAR file?

Probably not ... symlinks are an OS specific concept. Some support them, others do not.

I suspect that, if you jared (zipped) a symlink, you would actually get the target file instead of the link.

1. I'm not very familiar with Ant, and I don't even know how an EAR or WAR
file specifies an Ant procedure to run.  My hope is that there is some way
to specify a "post-installation script", sort of like you can do with the
OS/400 product packaging APIs.

ANT is pretty much just a build tool ... it does not have anything to do with deployment, unless your target has specific support to run ant scripts (does WAS have that?).

There are other tools available that are more robust than ANT ... but they aren't free.

david