Rod,

When you are using the daemon you do not need to set the port for the RSE
connection.  At connect time the RSE connection queries the daemon (on port
4035) which in turn starts the RSE linux server on a new port.  The port
you specify for the RSE connection is this new port that the RSE linux
server runs on.

If you specify port 4035 in the RSE connection properties then it will not
start because it conflicts with the daemon.  Try to leave the port as 0 for
the RSE connection, this tells the daemon to start the RSE linux server on
any available port.

As for logging, the daemon writes log statements to standard out / err, so
you should redirect those to a file when starting the daemon.

Don Yantzi
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone: (905) 413-4476
IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet: yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

                      "Rod Smith"

                      <rbsmith@xxxxxxxx        To:       wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      ltg.com>                 cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [WDSCI-L] Re: Re:
Linux server daemon
                      wdsci-l-bounces@x

                      idrange.com

                      02/06/2003 10:50

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      Websphere

                      Development

                      Studio Client for

                      iSeries

Yes, I found the missing class in dstore.jar which existed in my
/home/rbsmith/wdsc folder.  I issued a "jar xf dstore_core.jar" to expand
it
and issued the ./daemon.linux script again, the server is running now,
however I have a problem with the connection.

On the linux system the response to starting running ./daemon.linux is:
Daemon running on: hlidev, port: 4035

I have set the properties of the "Files" subsystem in rse to specify port
4035 and my user profile.  However when I right client and select connect,
am prompted for my password.  After entering the password I get: "Connect
failed: Host freebsd not found or not responding".

I have verfied the ability to connect with telnet to the host on port 4035.
Why is the connection refused, is there a log on the linux system to
review?

"Don Yantzi" <yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:OF54FF6E1A.7E3DC799-ON85256D39.004EF1BF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>                       ltg.com>                 cc:
>                       Sent by:                 Subject:  [WDSCI-L] Re:
Linux server daemon

> > Has anyone tried to setup and run the rseserver code on  Redhat linux
or
> > freebsd.  I followed the instructions in the help text and copied the
> > rseserver.jar file to a folder /home/rbsmith/wdsc on my redhat machine
> and
> > freebsd machine from
> >
> C:

\WDSC\iseries\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.etools.systems.universal_5.0.1\serve
> > rruntime.  I executed jar xf rseserver.jar and expanded the jar file  I
> have
> > executed the chmod 755 on the daemon.linux, auth.pl and server.linux
> files.
> > I have tried to start the server with both the daemon.linux and
> server.linux
> > scripts.  Both have failed with a similar message. "bash:
./daemon.linux: