Don, I moved auth.pl into com.ibm.etools.systems.dstore.core which is under
/home/rbsmith/wdsc.  I am still not getting authenticated to the server.  I
have ran the auth.pl script from a terminal session and passed it my user
account and password, it verifies my id, so the script appears correct.  Is
there a log that I could check or something I could use to increasing the
messages issued by the daemon?  Looking for how to move this forward!
Thanks for all the help!
Rod

"Don Yantzi" <yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:OFE210A0FE.D800EDC1-ON85256D39.00609348@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>                       ltg.com>                 cc:
>                       Sent by:                 Subject:  [WDSCI-L] Re: Re:
Re: Linux server daemon

g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Rod,
> >
> > When you are using the daemon you do not need to set the port for the
RSE
> > connection.  At connect time the RSE connection queries the daemon (on
> port
> > 4035) which in turn starts the RSE linux server on a new port.  The port
> > you specify for the RSE connection is this new port that the RSE linux
> > server runs on.
> >
> > If you specify port 4035 in the RSE connection properties then it will
> not
> > start because it conflicts with the daemon.  Try to leave the port as 0
> for
> > the RSE connection, this tells the daemon to start the RSE linux server
> on
> > any available port.
> >
> > As for logging, the daemon writes log statements to standard out / err,
> so
> > you should redirect those to a file when starting the daemon.
> >
> > Don Yantzi
> > WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
> > IBM Toronto Lab
> > Phone: (905) 413-4476
> > IBM internal:  IBMCA(yantzi)  -  Internet:
> yantzi@xxxxxxxxxx
> >

> >                       "Rod Smith"
>
> >                       <rbsmith@xxxxxxxx        To:
> wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> >                       ltg.com>                 cc:
> >                       Sent by:                 Subject:  [WDSCI-L] Re:
> Re:
> Linux server daemon
> >                       wdsci-l-bounces@x
> >                       idrange.com
> >

> >                       02/06/2003 10:50
> >                       AM
> >                       Please respond to
> >                       Websphere
> >                       Development
> >                       Studio Client for
> >                       iSeries
> >

> > Yes, I found the missing class in dstore.jar which existed in my
> > /home/rbsmith/wdsc folder.  I issued a "jar xf dstore_core.jar" to
expand
> > it
> > and issued the ./daemon.linux script again, the server is running now,
> > however I have a problem with the connection.
> >
> > On the linux system the response to starting running ./daemon.linux is:
> > Daemon running on: hlidev, port: 4035
> >
> > I have set the properties of the "Files" subsystem in rse to specify
port
> > 4035 and my user profile.  However when I right client and select
> connect,
> > am prompted for my password.  After entering the password I get:
"Connect