We worked through this situation, by changing the item to Purchased, then
we issued a monthly work order for the required quantity of the item to be
made in house, with all the required components in the work order parts
list. This way MRP would order both the items needed to make the part in
house, along with the total quantity from the outside source.

Our PC Planners seemed to like the way this worked.

Regards,

Kevin Hale

"John Taylor"
<John.Taylor@brit
ax-pmg.com> To
Sent by: <JBAUSERS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
system21-bounces@ cc
midrange.com
Subject
[SYSTEM21] Purchase and Manufacture
10/03/2007 09:54 at the Same Time
AM

Please respond to
System 21 Users
<system21@midrang
e.com>

All

We wish to buy in parts that we already manufacture, is there a easy
method of doing this - we have thought about a new purchase part with a
suffix, on receipt we transfer to another stock room as the manufactured
part.

Any quick ideas / pitfalls would be appreciated.

Thanks

John