Still another approach could be to define the items to
a separate stockroom and then to exclude the stockroom
from the forecasting model. Of course this would be
practical only if we are not talking about a large
number of items.

I would also like to point out the flip side of this
discussion. The samples were needed so they should be
included in a replenishment plan. So if the forecast
is passing demand to a planning system, samples should
be a part of the mix so that you have sufficient
inventory to meet customer and sales staff demand.

Greg
--- Steve Dodkins <Steve.Dodkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>