Sorry to jump in - I'm sure Jeff will answer with details of the task
numbers for inventory and manufacturing, but I wanted to mention the G/L
subsystem.  There is a flag on a data area (pos 11 in GLSBSDTA) that is
used to ensure the G/L background job is not running when certain rebuilds
are being run (e.g. G/L Hierarchies).

Basically the job wakes up from sleep and immediately checks this flag. If
it is set on (say a rebuild is running), the system goes back to sleep. If
the flag is not set on then the flag is set on and then the job looks for
journals awaiting update.  If it can't find any for update, (or when it
has finished updating), the flag is set off and the job goes in sleep
mode.

It is possible that with an ENDSBS that the job ends during one of these
checks, leaving the flag set on.  When you start the subsystem again, the
job goes active and appears to be working - sleeping, waking, running,
sleeping - but all it is doing is checking the flag and going back to
sleep.  I have known this to happen for several days before someone
realized that the G/L was not being updated.

Tasks GL  03  0001  and GL   03  0002 should be used to start and end the
subsystems.

Richard

"Gaffney Mitchell, Theresa" <Theresa.Gaffney@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx