Why do you need to charge more for the parts, extra labour, materials,
tooling, etc?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff_Klipa/Harvard@harvardind.com
[mailto:Jeff_Klipa/Harvard@harvardind.com]
Sent: 05 December 2002 16:07
To: jbausers-l@midrange.com
Subject: [SYS21] Re: [SYS21] Multiple Cost Senters for a Work Station...

They have different costs associated with the different parts...
So when they run part A on PRES1 they might charge $1.00 and when they run
part
B they might charge $10.00...
They need to be able to book their production using the Workstation but have
the
correct costs associated with that part...

The fact that it is the same physical press should not make any difference
the software, and I don't think it will if I define a different logical
workstation, i.e. double define PRES1 as PRESA...

We don't do finite scheduling (mostly because JBA can't do it correctly) so
there won;t be conflicts of trying to run the two different parts on the
same
machine at the same time...  The most important thing is to book with the
correct costs...

I think the double defining will work but I just wanted to make sure there
were
not any gotchas I am not seeing...

Thanks.

Doug333@aol.com on 12/05/2002 10:51:27 AM