We fixed the problem locally, IN941 was the culprit...  I would share the code
with you, but I don't want to risk violating our agreement to not share source
code...

We wrote some additional code to our Item Deletion jobstream to clear some of
the records that the standard routine seems to have neglected or were added
after the deletion routine was set in place...

So we have one job that we can run from the night job...  Obviously there is an
exclusivity lock that prevents running this from the menu if someone is in the
application or the background processor jobs are running...  But you can run it
from the command line if you are really interested in getting it to run during
the day...

I must warn you that this is not something I recommend you do, just realize that
if users are in the files your results will be unpredictable...

To set your library list and company number and other LDA parameters correctly
go to /INU and run 15. Build item deletion logical files...

Wait for that job to finish and then from the command line submit and run the
following two commands in sequence...

CALL IN940  (Alter the selection criteria as desired and press F8 to update your
selection choices to the LDA)...
then immediately run the next command to do the delete...
CALL IN941CLP

This last step will run an interactive job (Item Deletion Error Report ) that
will tie up your screen for a few minutes (how long depends on many factors)...
And it will submit a batch job to actually perform the delete of any records
that were not found on the Item Deletion Error Report ...!

I just ran it that way here for one of our plants that is no longer in operation
and it ran without failure...

Good luck...

"Diana Larsson" <dlarsson@ardencompanies.com> on 02/25/2002 10:52:24 AM

Please respond to jbausers-l@midrange.com