One other note:

Besides checks in manufacturing, which my location doesn't use, the deletion
utility checks the following:

Physical stock exists
Stock is on order
Allocated stock exists
Frozen stock exists
Intransit stock exists
Back orders exist
Available stock exists
Bonded stock exists
Reserved stock exists
Stock is being held in goods inwards
Stock is being held in inspection
A stock take is in progress for this item in stockroom
Inventory movements exist which cannot be deleted
Inventory transactions have not been passed to general ledger
Item is a sub-contract item of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Open sales orders exist.
Open transport planning details exist for order XXXXXXX/XXX.
Sales invoice lines have not been posted to Sales Analysis.
Sales invoices have not been posted to General Ledger via AFI.
Open purchase orders or receipts exist for this item.
Open requisitions exist for this item.
Outstanding customer returns exist for this item.
Outstanding warehouse movements exist for this item.
Outstanding telesales calls exist for this item.