You could check to see if you have the task defined.  The task to Maintain
Bank Accounts in GL is task 4500.  If you have this task you could simply
execute the task by using RUNAMTASK.  You should, however, have the GLB
menu on your system.  I checked ours (SP3) and it does exist there.  I also
checked with a few people on older versions and they have it as well.  If
you do not have the task, the preprocessing program is GL003CLP and the
interactive program is GL202.

I hope this help.

Regards,
John McPherson - European Business Analyst
(01925) 423078
john.mcpherson@newbalnce.co.uk

                    "Greg Page"
                    <gpage@strattec.com        To:     <JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com>
                    >                          cc:
                    Sent by:                   Subject:     JBA ML - Company
Set-Up Question
                    jbausers-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    09/01/2002 13:20
                    Please respond to
                    jbausers-l

I'm having a problem completing the company profile set-up for a new
company we're required to create.  This new company only has a general
ledger company.  It is not linked to cash management, accounts payable for
accounts receivable.  The company profile requires a bank account to be
defined.

I understand that for company set-up's in which the general ledger is
linked to AR, AP and cash management, the bank account must be defined in
cash management and then entered to the GL company profile.

As cash management does not exist for this company, I am not able to define
the bank account in cash management.  The user manual I have indicates that
when a GL company is not linked to a cash management company, the GLB menu
is to be used to define the bank account.

However, the GLB menu does not exist on our system.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

My question is - how do I define a general ledger account as a bank account
in order to complete the general ledger company set-up since neither cash
management or the GLB menu is available for this company?

Greg Page
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Strattec Security Corp.
Ph: 414-247-3634