This is my 2nd attempt at replying, so please i gnore if the first
appears.

The GLB menu seems to be a hangover from some distant past and has
been superceded by Cash Manager.

Cash Manager is now mandatory!!

The company set up procedure is:
1.  Screen 1 of GL Company profile
2.  Setup GL Accounts required by GL and Cash Man company profiles
3.  Cash Manager Company profile plus Bank Account and Payment Method.
4.  GL Company profile.

There is a document created by someone who may be reading this.  You
know who you are!!!  Can you take the screen shots out and pass on to
Greg if you still have the document.  (with the screen shots it is
20mb)

You can try changing the PSTIN flag to a 'B' but the Cash Manager
setup is easy.  You will soon forget that
Cash Manager exists in this GL 'only company'

A hint... check out the copies on GLU and CSU.
Copying atleast the parameters makes life a lot easier.

Regards

Michael

Original message from: "Greg Page" <gpage@strattec.com>

>I'm having a problem completing the company profile set-up for a new
company we're required to create.  This new company only has a general
ledger company.  It is not linked to cash management, accounts payable
for accounts receivable.  The company profile requires a bank account
to be defined.

>I understand that for company set-up's in which the general ledger is
linked to AR, AP and cash management, the bank account must be defined
in cash management and then entered to the GL company profile.

>As cash management does not exist for this company, I am not able to
define the bank account in cash management.  The user manual I have
indicates that when a GL company is not linked to a cash management
company, the GLB menu is to be used to define the bank account.

>However, the GLB menu does not exist on our system.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>Greg
>
>My question is - how do I define a general ledger account as a bank
account in order to complete the general ledger company set-up since
neither cash management or the GLB menu is available for this company?