I'm an IT person who is a relative newcomer to System/21 and have a question
about Accounts Payable functionality.  From time to time we have a need to
issue checks to a group of payees but would like to only "use up" one vendor
number.  For example, this year all employees will receive a small Christmas
bonus check, all of which will be for the same amount.  We'd like to use AP
to do this but are daunted at having to assign a vendor number to all these
employees.  We know we could programmatically assign a vendor number to each
one, create a vendor master, load the voucher, etc. to accomplish check
writing.  But, we'd prefer to not clutter up the AP system with a lot of
vendor numbers that will rarely be used.

In a previous AP system I worked with there was the notion of a
miscellaneous vendor number (all zeros).  When this vendor was referenced,
you provided the payee address separately, so the check was written to the
proper name/address, but the vendor number was the miscellaneous vendor
number.  This particular system also maintained the payee address in a check
number/payee detail file so that you could always determine exactly to whom
a check was written even if the vendor master record had been changed.

Does JBA have a similar miscellaneous vendor functionality - or is someone
able to give advice as to how we might accomplish this without an awful lot
of complex programming?

==Kevin Brunk