I would post it to Answerlink...

If they handle support for this the way they did for Objects you may find their
response leaving something to be desired.

Since Objects was owned by I/Q (and subsequently renamed Eureka when purchased
by Computer Associates...), JBAers didn't really have a strong experience pool
to draw from for support issues...  There were a few internal go-to people but
for the most part they had to call I/Q for answers...

This is my biggest complaint when buying third party software from another
vendor (not the manufacturer)...  You cannot always call the maker directly for
your support questions where, if you could, you would invariably have direct
access to a better equipped pool of support resources...  Check your contracts
at time of purchase for this critical detail...  Buyer beware...

I'm not slamming any of the wonderful people on the System/21 support desk, they
do a wonderful job...  But when all you do is Objects you know it better...

So I hope you can find the answers to your questions and don't have to play
"whisper down the lane" to get direct access to the best possible resource to
answer the question at hand...

Best of luck and let us know how it works out, won't you...?

Regards...

Stuart Sandler <SSandler@KREBS.COM> on 10/02/2001 11:42:59 AM

Please respond to jbausers-l@midrange.com

  To:          "'JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com'"
               <JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com>

  cc:          (bcc: Jeff Klipa/Harvard)

  Subject      JBA ML - Active Repoter - TM1 issue
  :

We are running Applix' Active Reporter to generate financial statements, and
have been for almost 2 years. We encountered a problem this week that we
have not seen before.
We do a browse in our system and get one answer, yet when we look at a
spreadsheet we get a different answer for that same account.
I have verified that the GL Extract works successfully (as the difference
between the 2 numbers is listed in the ACCVAL file).
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Stuart Sandler
Director of Information Systems
Krebs Engineers