OK - You're crazy...

I would ask you to take a step back and take a deep breath...
Then I would have you explain why your vendors are sending you stuff you didn't
ask for...

If it's not on the PO then you can't receive it...  Period...!!!

You're asking for trouble if you do what you suggest...

You're violating every auditing rule in the book...

You're bypassing any authority schemes you may have setup in Purchasing and
Requisitioning...

If you're getting that much stuff and that big of a backlog on the receiving
dock then you really need to examine your business practices and try to resolve
why this is happening...  I don't think you need a software solution - you need
a tighter reign on what your vendors are sending you...

If it's normal production material and you really need it to run your business
with then why are there no open PO lines...!!!

If you're dead set on making a software fix for this then I'd focus on a speedy
way to force in an open PO line and do the receipt from there...

If the fault lies with the purchasing agent then I would move their desk to the
receiving dock until the problem resolves itself...

That's my 2 cents...

mmitchell@ambrake.com on 08/22/2001 02:26:02 PM

Please respond to jbausers-l@midrange.com

  To:          jbausers-l@midrange.com

  cc:          (bcc: Jeff Klipa/Harvard)

  Subject      JBA MLForcing PO Receipts
  :

So, what about it ?  Any feedback at all ?
I could use any kind of opinions about this scenario - even if it's to
tell me we're crazy to want to!
(Please include estimations as to just how crazy we are.)

Thank you,

__________________

--=_alternative 00449F3B85256AB0_=

Has anyone done any modifications along the lines of the following?

A delivery is received at the dock, there are no open P.O. lines for the
item/P.O. number combination - instead of getting an error - force receipt
to the P.O. and increment all appropriate records/balances.

(Essentially, we want to receive what a vendor sends without the hassle
being with material control.  We'll sort it out later.

Anyone ? Anyone ?

Please provide feedback of any kind,
Thanks,

Michele Mitchell