  • Subject: GL Inventory Balances <> Inventory Module Balances -- AFI
  • From: "Mike Von Stein" <vonstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 20:31:08 -0400

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

We have had a problem ever since go-live where the inventory balances in our General Ledger account do not match those in the inventory module.    We went live on System 21 early this summer.    We had an outside consultant set up our AFI and, so far, they have been *no* help in getting this problem resolved.

Every day we have been running a report to check the balances after AFI has pulled.    We compare both the difference between the two balances and also the change in the difference from the previous day.   Some days we see fluctuations and other days not.   We have not been able to find any pattern.  Also, most of the differences seem to be in our Finished Goods inventory.

I am wondering if in the Financial Modules there is a file that corresponds to INP96.   That way we could match each transaction and see what is missing/additional.  So far, we have not been able to find anything like this.

Any feedback or ideas you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Von Stein