  • Subject: Spam-fest avoidance
  • From: Chuck Hague <chague@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:31:47 -0700

I agree completely.  I'd limit vendors to replying VERY briefly that they
have a product that meets the specifically mentioned need/issue.  I've only
been involved in this mailing list for a couple of weeks, and yours was the
first one that made my ears perk-up.

I think "going too far" will be easy to spot and identify.  One obvious
abuse is a vendor replying to a lot of messages saying "I have something..."
I think tasteful, brief, and appropriate messages such as your original post
are USEFUL and not-at-all annoying.
kcuhC

Charles R. Hague
Director, Information Technology
Premier Foodservice Distributors of America, Inc.