Hi Raul,

well - I started a bit later, but I've been through the IT-hype-cycle at least 4 or 5 times now. I developed traditional green screen, client/server and GUI with Delphi, VB, Python and Java, Web applications with different languages (Python, Ruby, JS) and frameworks (and even without framework) and different databases (DB2, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS-SQL).

So after 35 years I also never thought of a "green screen renaissance" but in fact is came a few years ago from our company user base. After having a C/S GUI solution and a web solution for that use case, they wanted to go back to "green" after that - not necessarily because the green screen is better - but because in this case it fits better, and the development cycle is faster.

So I have to say it like Patrik - I don't think of any user interface as the "silver bullet" - every user interface and application architecture has its own unique set off advantages and disadvantages - and in the end, the "worm has to taste the fish and not the fisherman".

Kind regards,
Daniel