Today, I am announcing a new release of my open source make tool iBuild.

You can download at www.sourceforge.net/projects/iBuild. As an open source
project it is free, of course.

I have added a new command RUNSPECIAL that allows you to write a small CL
program that allows you to run special logic that you need to run, for
example, creating a data area or maybe a user space.

The command is placed in the header of the source member. The CL program is
compiled into QTEMP and executed.

What I am most excited to announce is that iBuild can now be used with
Visual Studio For Code. This gives you the ability to not only build a
module but also a program from modules or a service program. Here is an
example.

I want to build a service program that uses other service programs. Place
this into the header of a source member to build the module.

**FREE
//*_>_O DLTMOD MODULE(@OBJLIB/@OBJNAM)
//*_>_R CRTRPGMOD MODULE(@OBJLIB/@OBJNAM)
//*_>_C SRCFILE(@SRCLIB/@SRCFIL) SRCMBR(@SRCMBR)
//*_>_C OPTION(*EVENTF) DBGVIEW(@MODDBG) OPTIMIZE(@OPTILE)

Now create a new source member and place the following instructions in the
header.

//*_>_O DLTSRVPGM SRVPGM(@OBJLIB/@OBJNAM)
//*_>_R SETEVTFLG FILENEEDED(*YES)
//*_>_R CRTSRVPGM SRVPGM(@OBJLIB/@OBJNAM)
//*_>_C MODULE(XVIFSX_M01)
//*_>_C SRCFILE(@SRCLIB/@SRCFIL) SRCMBR(XVIFSX_B)
//*_>_C BNDSRVPGM(XVERRH)
//*_>_C TEXT('Integrated File System-Common Functions.')

When you use iBuild to execute this source member it will create the
service program in the requested library. If it fails, errors will appear
in the terminal window because of the SETEVTFLG command (See README for
more details on this command).

The important thing to remember here is that these instructions can be
executed from Visual Studio for Code, from PDM or from RDI. This solution
can be used in all environments, not just Visual Studio For Code.

Please see the iBuild_Readme for more information at
www.sourceforge.net/projects/iBuild.