On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 at 23:12, krishna MAdiraju via RPG400-L
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi ,I am using Scott C. Klement utility for Socket program. My as/400 runs on V5R2.I am using this as message exchange with ATM. extra spaces were adding infront of repsonse when client recives repsonse.i am using %trim also before sending.using QTCPEBC, QTCPASC exchange before sending receiving reply. I am logging the message before sending . there were no spaces infront ofresponse

When this happens to me, it is almost always because I am trying to
%trim() a fixed-length field.
If that's not it, I would put the sending program into debug and
inspect the outgoing variable just before the socket write.

I know you said that you are logging the message, but it is almost
impossible that the network itself is adding leading spaces. If the
debug shows that the buffer really has no leading spaces just before
the socket write, useWireshark to look at the packets going to the
client. If there are no leading spaces there, then it must be the
client which is adding them.

--buck