Reeve I have seen many conventions on Field Naming standards.
What you have shared is IMO a reasonable and good convention.
I had a naming standard but unless you define a standard from the conception of a project the standard is rather pointless.
Many of the ERP systems we used had sort of a  naming convention but nothing rigorous.
One can define standards and rigorously enforce them and coders continue to interpret the standard differently.
Eventually the code evolves into something where people do the least amount of work possible to meet the convention.
So when doing a mass change, although standards help, one cannot trust that the standards were rigorously followed and I resorted to cross references to do the changes.

PS
After doing a massive change to system expanding all currency fields from whatever to 13,3 I adopted a new approach.
NEVER EVER change a column attribute,  I added new columns, maintenance programs and suchlike updated the data in two columns.
That way programs that referenced the old columns but did nothing with the data did not need to change. Only programs needing the changed column were affected.

Frank