"So far I haven't found an example where I can see how to use them for SQL CRUD operations. It looks like it works great for RPG file operation codes."

And you won't find any because that is not what OA was designed to do. As I said earlier it was designed purely to allow conventional RPG op-codes to access devices not directly supported by RPG.

Jon P.