Instead of using Pos(1) simply use SamePos. i.e.

dcl-ds arprf_rec extname(arprf);
array like(bnbr01) dim(20) samepos(BNBR01);
end-ds;

No need for pointers. I don't have an issue with them but other pointer phobic folks who follow you might!

If the fields were not contiguous then instead of using an extname DS simply list the fields you want in the array in a DS.

e.g.

Dcl-Ds arrayStuff;
firstfield;
second field;