The problem was that many of the dates were preY2k format.
So their Y2K version created a new physical file with new dates etc.
FILEA now became a logical file based off of the new file with
dates substringed, etc. Exact same format as the old physical file.

Was the preY2k table containing "date" data type, or "numeric" data type?