Thanks.

I think Mark's right.

Thought I had read the documentation, turns out the last sentence is quite telling. It shows I can't do it and I've got a short attention span 😊

Calling a UIM Exit Program

All programs are specified by naming a dialog variable, which identifies the program to call. For the incomplete list exit program, the dialog variable name is specified on the call to the Set List Attributes (QUISETLA) API. For all other exit and CALL programs, the dialog variable name is specified as a parameter to the CALL dialog command in the tag language source.

The UIM uses the current value of the dialog variable to identify the program to call. Depending on the definition of the dialog variable, there are three different ways to call the program:

Call by address

When the dialog variable specified is defined with BASETYPE=PTR on the class definition (CLASS) tag, the program is called by address.

It is the responsibility of the application program to ensure that the pointer is set correctly.

Call by name

When the dialog variable specified is defined with BASETYPE='CHAR 20' on the CLASS tag, the program is called by name. It is the responsibility of the application program to ensure that the variable contains the object and library name of the program called.

Extended program model (EPM) call

When the dialog variable specified is defined with BASETYPE='CHAR 130' on the CLASS tag, the program is called in the extended program model (EPM) environment. This type of call is used when the target program is written in an EPM language such as Pascal or ILE C. It is the responsibility of the application program to ensure that the variable contains the appropriate information for calling an entry point for an EPM environment.

The UIM can call programs in the Integrated Language Environment® (ILE) model using call by address or call by name. Only the main entry point of the program can be used.

Liam Henderson | Application Consultant

Getronics
T. +441908992044 | M. +447985875181 | E. Liam.Henderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | W. www.getronics.com

[cid:Banner_GetronicsTransition_5440cfe9-b77c-4dad-8f1a-596304f9d200.png]<https://www.getronics.com/#>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/2077785>[cid:LinkedIn_4aeb630a-f385-4f22-927e-31323d2554b8.png]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/2077785> [cid:Twitter_6c9cce61-b2e3-49d4-991c-e799d031f1ae.png] <https://twitter.com/Getronics> <http://twitter.com/Getronics> [cid:Youtube_5150f807-4ba8-46a3-bbbf-038ccfdc2793.png] <https://www.youtube.com/user/getronicsonline?feature=results_main> <http://www.youtube.com/user/getronicsonline?feature=results_main> sign-info

<http://www.getronics.com/knowledge-share/news-and-events/ovum.php#sthash.cbKPq4wA.bnvveIrq.dpbs>

Getronics Services UK Limited - Registered in England and Wales with No: 07966594. VAT No: GB 130 6848 20.
Registered Office - Getronics, Holland House, 4 Bury Street, London, EC3A 5AW, UK

The information transmitted is intended only for use by the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please inform the sender and/or addressee immediately and delete the material. Thank you.
Legal disclaimer: http://www.getronics.com/legal/