Hi all,
To me, this is a very interesting conversation and I think you all are
right.

Some of us stick to RPG only, which is literally a lot: so many
enhancements and new stuff here and there make very hard to know the most
of it and keep updated; except the very first courses in the mid-80s as a
system operator and on RPG programming, all I know now is due to reading
books and pdf, trying (a lot), failing (even more), and most of all to
people like you who are available to share their knowledge.
For the others, an opening to other programming languages is quite
inevitable: maybe it's a request from your boss or the company you work
for, or simply for the sake of knowing how it works. As a matter of fact,
5250 over a browser doesn't work exactly the same.

Personally, when programming for the web I usually search first on Stack
Overflow, when it comes to RPG and its ecosystem this mailing list is the
first place, and sometimes the only one, I search.

As some of you underlined, knowing RPG and Cobol is strictly twisted around
the system itself, and I have always loved it. Can you imagine my
disappointment when some IT managers (paid much more than me) created a
library named QTEMP, so completely disregarding the service this library
does?

To me, this group mixes great developers with great expertise, and it seems
to me that some of you know each other in person, which makes any
discussion invaluable for the tone and the content of any answer.

@BootMartin: BTW, I tried your suggestion about SFLEND(*SCRBAR *MORE) and
it's really nice. Thank you

Il giorno dom 31 mag 2020 alle ore 23:19 Patrik Schindler <poc@xxxxxxxxxx>