I like the ability of the subfile to process through multiple pages of selection, using a straight read cursor to populate it, and not having to do a lot of programming for paging up. To solve the subfile limit, in case the user hold down on the page down key, I wrote a routine to copy the records I wanted to keep to an array, clear the subfile and write the records back in a different position, basically shifting the contents of the subfile using an array. The logic is short, so I'm pasting it here. The one disadvantage is that if the user makes some selection on the records that will be lost, I take no action on that selection, but, that selection was quite a few records back after the page down key, so, I've had no complaints so far.

dcl-c MaxSF 9999;
dcl-c sflpag 13;

if RRN1 + sflPag*2 > MaxSF;
callp $ScrollSF1(lstrrn:sflpag*15);
endif;

//**************************************************************
dcl-proc $ScrollSF1;
//**************************************************************
dcl-pi *n;
lstrrn like(RRN1) const;
IncAmt uns(5) const;
end-pi;

dcl-ds SFDS extname('UR5017D':'SFL1':*all) dim(MaxSF) qualified INZ;
end-ds;

dcl-s idx1 uns(5);
//************************

for idx1=IncAmt+1 to lstrrn;