"RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 03/04/2020
12:49:30 PM:
i do not want to replicate the arrays, but the information send by
caller
is on P_ER6005DS and not in the ER6005DS.

and i use the fields from the ER6005DS on the code and for the overlay
in
the arrays. If i not declare
DCL-DS ER6005DS extname('ER6005DS') inz;

i cannot use the name of the fields of ER6005DS on the program.

Through the use of the QUALIFIED keyword and the LIKEDS keyword
that would give you all the subfield names in the PI definition. The
place where you're stuck is the number of dimensions for your arrays. You
would have to create a local definition and use a pointer to map the local
definition over the top of the PI definition. For example:

dcl-s ptr_wrtprba pointer;
dcl-s lcl_wrtprba char(4) dim(50) based(ptr_wrtprba);

ptr_wrtprba = %addr(p_er6005ds.wrtprba);

From there you would use lcl_wrtprba(x) to reference elements of
the array in the PI definiiton.

Sincerely,

Dave Clark