From: smith5646midrange@xxxxxxxxx
To: "'RPG programming on IBM i'" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/05/2019 07:23 AM
Subject: RE: Trying to position cursor on complicated screen
Sent by: "RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Because the subfiles were in windows and I did not restrict the cursor to
the windows, it everything was working. You could move the cursor to
either subfile an roll it up or down. Literally, the only think I didn't
have working (that I know of) was the positioning of the cursor.

Sooooo,

I ended up with a similar solution to Booth's. Each subfile had 5 rows so
I created a record with two sections of 5 records (fake subfiles) along
with the other stuff that was the screen in the record and other window.
When the user hits page up or page down, I check to see which "subfile"
then are in and "roll" that section by incrementing the current index of
my data structure and then populating the 5 lines.

And, as I half expected, when they saw the screen, they didn't want to go
to another screen to update the values in the subfile so I had to make
them modifiable on the main screen.

I had really hoped there was an easier solution. Faking a subfile
especially one that is now modifiable is such a pain.