The issue I have had with this scenario is that only one format can be active at a time.  Last format written rules the roost. Having navigation arrows so you can round-robin through the formats works but if you do it people will point at you in the lunch room.

The only reasonable solution I ever found was to write one format that reaches the screen; it would be basically a 24x80 array.  You write your various formats to the array as 80-char lines and read from the array.  It sounds like a lot of work but your fields are all read-only, so it'll work.

Of course, a master screen with all the text, and a data structure of all the output fields would give you one format and would work, too?

This sounds like extra work but in the end I found it also solved a whole host of small problems for me.