From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Debbie Panco
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2019 8:42 AM
To: RPG programming on IBM i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] RE: JSON Programming within RPG

I am an RPG/Cobol programmer on the ISeries. I know nothing about interfacing with the web.
I am a newbie. We here are looking to have a web application where we will pass customer data from the ISeries, allow the customer to make changes, receive that data back to the ISeries and updata our ISeries data file with the changes.

I was assigned the task of researching what it would take to do this particularly using JSON. What I am looking for at this point is not specifics. I am looking for learning materials. A good JSON book that someone could recommend that I could use as a reference. Maybe some good reference material of how JSon is used in an RPGLE program (an IBM reference manual maybe).

Perhaps a basic explanation as to the best way to accomplish it. IE: what happens between the web application and the ISeries. SQL? Something else?

I'm just researching because I am very green at this point.