Thanks, Joe. That cleared up the 2nd barfing.

Then I changed the select to

Exec SQL
Declare MyCursor cursor for
Select i.*,
u.*
From WMSUPC u Full Outer
Join DMITMMST i ON u.UPITEM = i.ITNBR
Order By i.WHSLC,
i.ITNBR;

and it worked! Maybe I should go home. Day won't get any better than
this. :)

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 7:54 AM Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yeah, I've struggled with nulls a bit, Jeff. I'm still not exactly a
fan, but I've gotten used to them. A couple of things:

1. The syntax is strange. Don't separate the field variable and the
null indicator variable with a comma:

into :dmitmmstDS :dmitmmstNull, :wmsupcDS :wmsupcNull;

2. You can use an arbitrary-sized array, as long as it's at least big
enough. I don't have any files with more than 1000 fields, so I can
just create an array of 1000 indicators and it will work for
everything. Not a perfect solution by any means, but it does help.