<snip>
Getting to the root of what you are asking, are you really asking if you
can get an Exclusive Lock on a Display Screen ?
Depending on your need, you could Duplicate the screen into QTEMP and then
OVRDSPF to the QTEMP version. It would get you exclusive use of the
display.

( I used to use this when we were changing Menu Screens throughout the day
- and we needed to recompile them in production mid-day )

- John V
</snip>

John,

I want to know if any user is sitting on that screen, getting ready to
fire off the process, because. . .

I'm creating an 'Unlock process' program.

The locked process has a data area that needs to be cleared -- so that
another user may initiate/use the (locked) process.

I can do this easily from my 'Unlock process' program, but . . .

My thought was to further insure that the process wasn't really in use...
i could see if the display file, used to initiate it, was open/in use.
(i was thinking that should be fairly easy to do)

The process that gets locked is only ever rarely actually locked.

Why it happens --
A user either exits the 5250 session abnormally or stays signed on so long
that the nightly backup kicks their session off.

Also, i'm trying NOT to change the existing process.

btw -- I am a fan of the copying the dspf object into qtemp and using IT
instead of the COMMON copy of it.. for reasons you pointed out.

John B.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful.