You don't need the count - unless the item is optional.

I coded it originally because you had said it was an array and I had not spotted that it wasn't. When noted that I just didn't think to mention that if the item is compulsory then neither the num_ field or the Dim() are needed. If the item is optional then coding it allows you to avoid having to use allowmissing - which is always a dangerous option.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com