OK - I found it in the IFS in the end.

The C/C++ bit simply refers to the underlying routines driving it.

The example is really odd. I can't see why the null termination is present or used. I have used the wizard before to implement web services using a regular RPG program or Service Program routine and never worried about null termination. Why on earth IBM added it here is a mystery that I have to believe is because this code is just translated C code and was not written by an RPG literate programmer.

I'll play with it some and see what happens.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com