From: Bradley Stone [mailto:bvstone@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 2:37 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HTTPAPI & revoked SSL cert

.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 12:13 PM Justin Taylor <JUSTIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm sure that bouncing Apache helps by ending all the existing server
jobs. My current theory is that there's something in state, and the
remote service changes something which makes my state invalid.

No, HTTPAPI is a client. Not tied to Apache Web server in any way. Scott can clarify, but if it's anything like GETURI, the only thing in common would be they use DCM. And bouncing it shouldn't do anything for the client side of things

"Most likely the endpoint server updated their SSL certificate, or it
expired." I'm pretty much convinced this is the issue. I submit
hundreds of requests a day, generally without incident. Yesterday,
everything was fine until right at 9am. We caught the problem in just
a few minutes, bounced Apache and everything was back to normal.

Is the process tied to an Apache server job? In other words, you get a request in to one of your Apache servers, and then use HTTPAPI in the process to make requests to another server?

If so, the problem isn't with HTTPAPI, most likely more with your Apache server.

If the CA or Cert was expired, it would always fail. It would also be pretty simple to verify if that was the issue.

Right now, I'm working on a method to auto-recover.

Unless there's something left out of the picture here, I'll reiterate that the Apache server shouldn't have anything to do with HTTPAPI.