On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 9:00 AM Denis Robitaille
<denis_robitaille@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here is how I understand your situation.

-At random time during the day, the file is cleared and is repopulated
-After the files gets repopulated, you want to call another program that will process the content of the file
-You need a way to know that the file repopulation has taken place and is finished so you can start to process it.
-You would prefer to avoid a trigger on the file since you are only interested in knowing when the repopulation process is finished.

That is how I understood Booth's situation as well.

If I understood right, the solution is to add a step in the program that uses DDM to populate the file. That step is to "signal" to the system that the file is ready for processing.

I like this better than the trigger idea, but I think sometimes you
don't have control over that side of the process.

If you *do* have control of that side, then you could even skip having
a separate signal; just go ahead and submit a job to do the necessary
processing.

John Y.