From: RPG400-L <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: 2018 September 05 14:13
To: Rpg400 Rpg400-L <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Record lock, no retry?

Yes - you are correct. My excuse is that I'm old and didn't get to bed until 2am this morning <grin>

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Sep 5, 2018, at 2:20 PM, Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jon,

Justin said the failing code was in a *MODULE, so I'm assuming this is
a sub-procedure in a *SRVPGM...

Without error handling in the procedure or it's calling *PGM, wouldn't
the error get percolated up as a "The call to &1 ended in error."
rather than the original "record lock".

From your own RPG Exception handling Redpaper...
- All exception/error handling has been removed and the processing
logic has been placed in two subprocedures, ProgramProc and FileProc.
- The divide by zero error has been reintroduced.

When you run this program you might expect it to fail with the RNQ0102
Attempt to divide by zero message at (3) above, but it doesn’t!
Instead, the program fails with a RNQ0202 The call to PROGRAMPRO ended
in error (C G D F) message at (2) above. You see the following
information in the joblog:

Attempt made to divide by zero for fixed point operation.
Function check. MCH1211 unmonitored by ERROR10 at statement
0000002100, instruction X'0000'.
The call to PROGRAMPRO ended in error (C G D F).

Charles