On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Evan Harris <auctionitis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Nathan
What release did you encounter this issue in and was there a problem report
to IBM ? What was IBM's response if it was reported ?

I guess if this is really the case then I would like to understand the
issue more deeply in order to take preventative measures.

Hi Evan,

We're on 7.3 and our PTFs are pretty-much up to date.

The issue is that Restore commands are not able to resolve SQL view
dependencies when they are nested, even if they are defined within the same
library. Nested (or cascading) views are very elegant and really slick from
a design and functional perspective. They're a lot more readable and
understandable than creating a single SQL view from long and protracted
query logic that you might code into a program or put into a single view.

We finally settled on our maintaining a script to rebuild nested views
after physical files have been restored.