We have deployed hundreds of SQL views. I might go as far as suggesting
that views are a fundamental tenet of database and application
modernization in that they externalize query processing and separate that
type of logic from application logic. With views, your program logic will
look cleaner and more streamlined.

I prefer creating views of views (what I like to call cascading views)
rather than coding elaborate CTEs. The separation makes cascading views
easier to read and understand than CTEs.

SQL views can and likely will cause traditional database restore commands
to fail because they can't keep track of database dependencies. The
workaround we came up with was to maintain a lengthy SQL script that
contains all the SQL CREATE VIEW statements for all views pertaining to a
library.

In order to restore database libraries, we first restore its physical
files. Then build its logical files. Then finally run the script that
rebuilds all its SQL views. In addition to having a script that creates all
your views in a proper sequence, you will likely need one that deletes all
your views in a proper sequence. The database relationships (dependencies)
can become rather gnarly.