I'm not sure I understand all the steps, but I'm imagining:
ADP > Export CSV > Stream file > IBM i Access file transfer > DB2 table

I'm not sure if you are familiar with ADP, but within their system they have a custom report section. When I select to run the report they give me the option to select what file format I want. The choices are; CSV, HTML, PDF, TXT, XLS, XLSX, and XML. I save the file as a CSV file and it tags it with the BOM.

Scott K utility > ???

This is the Scott K. utility I'm trying to use: https://www.scottklement.com/csv/

What specific utility, and what specific error? Can you post the bit of code that's throwing the error?

It's throwing a conversion error when it tries to open the file from the IFS using Scott's utility. This is the specific error I'm getting.

Message . . . . : Conversion error.
Cause . . . . . : One or more characters could not be converted from the
source CCSID to the target CCSID.
Technical description . . . . . . . . : Change the input string to only
contain valid characters for the specified source CCSID. If this message is
coming from an application, report the message to the service provider for
your application.

What's the CCSID of your job, your QCCSID system value, the DB2 tables involved?

I don't mean to sounds like an idiot here, but how do I check that? I'm just running Scott's utility from green screen in debug mode.

If there's a 65535 in the mix, that could be the issue, because 65535 means 'Do not translate this binary data'. Except, of ? course, for IBM i Access, where there's a checkbox to 'translate 65535' into... EBCDIC CCSID 37, I think.

Sounds like you are talking about the IBM Client Access data transfer program. I'm not using that at this moment.

Export the file from ADP to a new stream file.
WRKLNK that file and look at it in hex.
What's in there? Is it EBCDIC, ASCII (1252), UTF-8? Once you work out the actual encoding, does the CCSID attribute match?
As a cross check, if you export from ADP to your PC, do you get the exact same file, byte for byte?

If I do WRKLNK and look at the CSV file in character mode I can see that the first 3 characters are those weird characters I referenced before. I presume those are the Byte Over Marks. If I change the character type as suggested it removes them. If I change it back to what it was before they come back. I get the same results no mater if I save it directly to the IFS or to my local PC.

Thank you,
Mike

--
--buck