Hi Dieter,

The row change timestamp is a TIMESTAMP(6) type, and is not guaranteed to
be unique. That is from the SQL reference:

"For an identity column or row change timestamp column, the database
manager inserts or updates a specified value but does not verify that it is
a unique value for the column unless the identity column or row change
timestamp column has a unique constraint or a unique index that solely
specifies the identity column or row change timestamp column."

Regards,
-Arco

... interesting debate, if I understand the FM correctly, the ROW change
token might change, without the current row has changed, so I would not
recommend to use it. regarding the row change timestamps, I don't find the
finite information, wether it is documented unique, or maybe most likely
(that would not be enough to me). The problem I have with both variants is,
that both possibilities are tied to the physical layer of the database and
doing some normalisation or denormalisation could break rules. A specific
(user programmed) solution could be based on the view layer and would be
better (IMHO)

D*B