Hi Booth,

Like Buck said, the ROW CHANGE TIMESTAMP is more reliable to use.
However, for the use of the ROW CHANGE TIMESTAMP expression is a row change
timestamp column required in your table.
Opposite to that the ROW CHANGE TOKEN can be used without a row change
timestamp column, but will simply return kind of a counter of record
changes.

Example:

SELECT ROW CHANGE TOKEN FOR aa AS MyToken, aa.* FROM MyTable AS aa ;

When the row has never been changed, the token wil return 0. With
subsequent changes to the record the MyToken value will increase
accordingly. So 1,2,3,4, just simple values.

Best regards,
-Arco

ROW CHANGE TIMESTAMP is not the same thing as ROW CHANGE TOKEN.
ROW CHANGE TIMESTAMP is an actual time stamp of the moment the row was
changed, and it's an actual column you put in your table.

CREATE TABLE
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_
73/db2/rbafzhctabl.htm
(search for ROW CHANGE TIMESTAMP)
Database > Reference > SQL reference > Statements

ROW CHANGE TOKEN is an internal BIGINT for you so that you don't /have
to/ put a ROW CHANGE TIMESTAMP in your table. In my personal
experience, the ROW CHANGE TIMESTAMP is more useful to me because I
can ask the system to give me all the rows changed in a particular
time period. The only thing that TOKEN tells me is whether a row
experienced a change or not.

ROW CHANGE expression
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_
73/db2/rbafzrowchg.htm
Database > Reference > SQL reference > Language elements > Expressions