"RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 11/16/2017 11:12:06
No argument - but it appeared to be a good match to the OP's request
and a lot easier to do than the alternatives offered.
Speaking of what is easy and works in every situation (which I
like making things easy for our programmers)... I built a standard
service procedure for use here that combines the ability to get an
existence check and a basic security check out of the result -- in
addition to being able to optionally return the retrieved object
description for most other uses. (For a more detailed security check, I
have a different standard service procedure that uses the Check User
* Uses an IBM API to determine if the specified object exists and *
* optionally returns the object's description attributes. A Boolean *
* true/falue result indicates success or failure, respectively, of this *
* existence test. Note that the current, signed-on user must have at *
* least *USE authority to the object or they can't detect its existence.
P B export
D PI n
D pObjectName 10a const
D pObjectType 10a const
D pObjectLibr 10a const options(*nopass)
D pObjectDesc likeds(QUSD0400)
D options(*nopass: *varsize)
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.